Monday, March 22, 2010

On Writing Without Comments

During the recent break from blogging while in the Middle East, I told my wife I didn't miss it one bit. She asked me if I would pick it up when we returned to the United States, and I told her I would think about it. Sunday afternoon I typed the post about our experiences in the Garden of Gethsamene and went to enable the comments, but a glitch in the programming at Blogger didn't allow me to turn comments on for the new post. I took that as a sign from heaven and have made a decision to not turn on reader comments for future posts. Until the times or events warrant something different, I will write on history, theology and current events without enabling comments. I admit to some selfishness in making this decision. My energy is being expended in finishing a couple of publishing projects that are highly enjoyable and interesting to me. My thoughts about the Southern Baptist Convention are not as numerous as they used to be, and the responsibilities I bear as pastor of Emmanuel are growing and of greater value to me than spending time responding to comments. I tried to start another blog that would not have comments, leaving this one intact without adding any additional posts, but frankly, the effort required to get a blogpost looking halfway decent and professional is more than I desire to expend at this time. So, as it is, I will be writing posts on Grace and Truth to You as I feel led by the Holy Spirit, but no longer will there be a forum for discussion. I would direct those interested in discussing SBC news to the excellent forum at Baptist Life. I hope you enjoy reading what I write, but I am under no illusion to think that some will no longer read this blog having no ability to comment. To those in that camp--adios.


To all others, I hope you enjoy what I write.

In His Grace,


Wade Burleson

No comments: